Are you a problem solver? Are you meticulous in detail? Do you prefer to work independently? Are you passionate about delivering top-notch client service?
Is your communication style factual, to the point, and your overall leadership style evidenced by your roll up your sleeves ‘can-do’ attitude?
We want a naturally decisive person with the ability to break down problems and devise logical solutions independently. We want a detail-oriented self-starter who is comfortable multi-tasking and handling new issues and problems as they arise. While always providing top-notch customer service.
If you are this person, we want to get to know you.
Engage Advisors is a public accounting firm that is specializes in providing accounting, tax, and business advisory services to dentists. We are seeking a Senior Accountant to immediately join our practice in our Kansas City/Chicago/San Diego office. Job duties and responsibilities will vary from day to day but will primarily focus on monthly accounting, tax planning, and tax compliance. The ideal candidate will be comfortable performing technical work (preparing returns, completing research and writing tax memos, reconciling financial statements) and interacting with clients, various level of management and staff within the firm. The ideal candidate is an analytical thinker, who can multi-task and wants to excel in client service. This candidate has to want to continue to move up within the firm while expanding their knowledge base in the dental niche.
- Clear, concise and open communication around client and accounting matters
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Interact and build relationships with clients to help ensure information flow is consistent and efficient
- Develop and communicate service opportunities for clients
Tax and Accounting
- Participate in month-end close activities for clients using Quickbooks Online
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts and ensure that general ledger accounts are reconciled and accurate
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial packages during month-end, quarter-end, and year-end
- Work closely with firm management on various projects
- Tax return preparation & other IRS matters
- Prepare and review of tax returns of corporations, pass-through entities, and individuals
- First responder to IRS and State tax notices to clients
- Capable of drafting correspondence with IRS and other regulatory or tax agencies
- Capable of tax research
Leadership and Management
- Identify performance improvement opportunities
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Understand firm metrics and targets for all levels within the organization
- Exhibit the firm’s core values and value statement
- Learn and utilize the company’s core systems
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Licensed CPA (or on track to complete)
- 2+ years of tax experience in a public accounting firm
- Small business & high net worth individuals experience preferred
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid opportunities to work from home
To apply for this role, please email your resume and cover letter to Barb James, Firm Administrator at email@example.com